【Oshino】Zen Meditation Experience with Local Cuisine！！
Mt. Fuji was registered as a “World Heritage Site” in 2013, and at the same time, all eight ponds that make up “Oshino Hakkai” in Oshino Village were designated as “Constituent Assets.
“Oshino Hakkai”, a natural monument and a part of the World Heritage Site of Mt. Fuji, is located in the Southeastern part of Yamanashi Prefecture at the Northern foot of Mt. Fuji and consists of eight sacred spring ponds.
In the Edo period (1603-1868), when the Fuji-Kho movement (religion: Shinto sect dedicated to the worship of Mt. Fuji) flourished, eight spring-fed ponds were designated as “Oshino Hakkai” where ascetic practitioners held purification rites before climbing Mt. Fuji. In this tour, you will visit these eight spring-fed ponds.
At Toenji Temple – a Tendai Denomination of Buddhism, you will experience Zen Meditation under the guidance of the temple’s Priest, who will provide an easy-to-understand explanation for first-time visitors.
In addition, you will visit the oldest existing thatched house in Oshino Village, which was built in the late 18th century, and also you can enjoy local cuisinZen Meditation Experience with Local Cuisine！！
- Visit Oshino Hakkai (Eight spring-fed ponds).
- Experience Zen meditation at Toenji Temple in Oshino Village to face your mind in silence!
- Visit the Hannokibayashi Museum where you can see the oldest existing thatched house in Oshino Village, which was built in the late 18th century.
- Enjoy Hōtō Noodle, a local cuisine, and Salt-grilled fresh fish from the clear waters of Oshino Village!
- A souvenir of “Kusa-mochi (mugwort steamed buns),” a Japanese sweet made with natural water from Oshino Hakkai!
- English guided tour, so no need to worry even if you don’t understand Japanese.
- Of course, there will be free time to buy souvenirs!
- We will take care of your large baggage before departure. You can join the tour lightly.
- Free transportation from/to Kawaguchiko station and Oshino Village!
- You will also have travel insurance (with liability insurance) to cover unexpected accidents and injuries.
Depart from Kawaguchiko Station
|09：30||Arrive in Oshino Village ①Deguchiike Pond|
|09：45||Walk along Shinna-shogawa River|
|10：00||Toenji Temple (Zen meditation experience)|
Visit Oshinomura Sengen Shrine
|11：15||Visit Hannoki-bayashi Museum and ③ Sokonashiike Pond|
|11：45||Lunch at Hannoki Restaurant (local cuisine)|
Free time (you can explore the rest of 6 spring-fed ponds on your own).
②Okamaike Pond④Choshiike Pond⑤Wakuike Pond⑥Nigoriike⑦Kagamiike Pond ⑧Shobuike Pond
Depart from Oshino Village
Arrive at Kawaguchiko Station
SPECIAL OFFER!! Now JPY10,000 per person (ages 13+)
*Infants and toddlers are not permitted to participate.
|Term||From November 1, 2022 (Please refer to the tour calendar)|
|Minimum number of participants|
2 people (maximum 8 people)
|Duration||About 5 hours|
1F. Fuji Kanko Kaihatsu Building, in front of Kawaguchiko Station
Reservations are required in advance (please make reservations by 17:00 two days before the tour date.).
Click the “BOOK NOW” button to jump to the reservation site. Reservations cannot be made by phone.
Credit card (VISA and Master only) pre-payment
In case of cancellation by the customer, the following cancellation fees will be charged.
20% (of the tour price) 2 days prior to the tour date, 50% (of the tour price) the day before the tour date, and 100% (of the tour price) on the day of the tour date.
The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions (All fees will be refunded).